Monday 27 February 2012

Overseas delivery



Earlier in the week an order of books I put through the Scottish Genealogy Society site arrived. The week was so crazy busy at work though, I didn't have a chance to crack them until this morning. 

For most of you, titles like The Forgotten Tombstones of Moray or Tracing Your Shipbuilding Ancestors aren't lying on your bedside table as light reading! For me though it was a fun few hours this morning reading through the hard work of the Moray Burial Ground Research Group who have transcribed many of the tombstones in Morayshire churchyards, old and new and even buried. 

Many of the surnames carved into the stones are unfamiliar to me and the stories sad. A few more are immediately recognisable and filled gaps in far-removed branches of the tree. And others are worth exploring...    I will keep you up to date!



No comments:

Post a Comment